Diarrheal diseases are seen 6-10 times a year in children and 1-2 times a year in adults. In summer temperatures, the incidence of diarrheal diseases increases. Diarrhea is caused by the fact that nutrients become more susceptible to spoilage due to heat and the consumption of more fluids increases the risk of microbes. Summer diarrhea, most of which are due to infection; virus, bacteria or parasites contaminated water or food entering the body through the mouth occurs.
Noting that diarrhea is an important health problem especially for young children and the elderly. Dr. Back-Up Medical Consultant Contact Ayhan directlyMany food-borne diarrhea lasts for 1-2 days, while most bacterial infections last longer. Dr. Careful examination of the feces of patients with Tokgöz diarrhea, how many times in the last 12 or 24 hours
This information is very important for doctors to diagnose.
The most effective way to prevent summer diarrhea is to stay away from germ-infected drinks and foods, and especially to ensure that children have access to clean food. Tokgöz says that breast feeding in infants reduces the frequency of diarrhea. Dr. Tokgöz lists his suggestions to prevent diarrhea as follows:
• Do not drink water from open water sources.
• Always wash raw vegetables and fruits with plenty of water before consuming them.
• Do not wash your food with water other than tap water.
• Always store perishable food in refrigerators and storage containers.
• Wash hands before and after meals.
• Do not consume milk and dairy products stored outside the refrigerator.
• Make sure that the expiration dates of all kinds of meat and dairy products that may cause the growth of microbes are not exceeded.
• Toilet hygiene helps to prevent infection from spreading to the immediate surroundings.
• If you or your child has diarrhea, we recommend that you consult a doctor by increasing fluid consumption to compensate for excessive fluid loss.