How to understand inflammation of the middle ear?
Inflammation of the middle ear is a health problem that may happen in the neonatal period and in the period when he goes to primary school.
- Earache: Usually your baby will show you that your ear is aching, and it will be easier to understand if you have a child of speech age. If you have a baby that has not yet spoken, you should observe it well.
- Ignition: Fever, combined with ear pain, is one of the leading symptoms of middle ear inflammation in a child. You should do a fire check, especially if you suspect such a thing.
- Abdominal Pain
Inflammation of the middle ear occurs especially during the winter season and in the transition of the season. Severity decreases with age.
While it occurs in two ears at a younger age, it decreases to one ear as the age grows and then some pass over time.
Ear Tube Installation in Children
Recently, it has been observed that the ear tube is inserted in some unnecessary cases. It is now necessary to reduce the rate of tube insertion into the ear in developing medical conditions.
When should the ear tube be worn?
- Middle ear inflammation lasts longer and becomes chronic (more than 3 months)
- If you have inflammation of the middle ear too often
- If the fluid in the ear solidifies and becomes darker
- Even though it is not summer
It should be evaluated by a physician and rarely necessary.
First of all, treatment must be applied to remove the liquid. You should not consider inserting an ear tube directly without treatment for withdrawal. It is expected to withdraw the fluid for 12 weeks before the ear tube is inserted.