As parents, you may have concerns for the development of your child. It is very natural, but it is not the right behavior to worry about everything. Experts have created a list for the child to be examined by the family in this light. You can follow your child's development according to the development list with 11 different criteria.
1. The habit of sleeping
2. Eating habits
3. Toilet habit
5. Emotion intensity
6. Variety of the game
7. Areas of interest
8. Feeling curious
9. Sudden reactions
10. Reaction to authority
11. Does he enjoy life?
We can explain these criteria as follows:
1.Sleeping habit: Does your child sleep early and wake up early in the morning? Is he willingly waking up in the morning or having trouble waking up? (3 weeks of experiencing this problem may be a sign of a developmental problem.) Of course, while paying attention to these conditions, your child's excessive fatigue or stress-related sleep problems should not be taken into account.
2. Eating habit: Does your child usually eat with appetite or does he always have problems eating? Is he constantly trying to get over meals, or is he eating at meals in harmony? When examining this criterion, choose a period when your child is not sick, because his or her illness may affect your child's appetite.
3. Toilet habit: After a certain age, toilet habit becomes important and therefore toilet habit is one of the most important issues that families should pay attention to, because most of the problems that occur in the application of this habit can be of biological origin. You may ask the following questions when examining this habit: Does my child often pee? Does it delay the toilet? Of course, the most important question you should ask yourself when examining this criterion is: Did you give my child the necessary toilet training?
4.Arkadaşlık: Does your child have friends who are always present or feel close to them? Can they communicate well with them while playing with them?
5. Emotion intensity: Can your child experience different emotions, or is it just certain emotions? Are his feelings consistent with events? Of course, it is not possible to examine this criterion in a day, because people may not experience every emotion in a day, so you can understand the development of this criterion over time.
6. Diversity of the game: Note how your child prefers games, the game is the most important clue about the child's development. Does your child play the same game or different games all the time? (Does he use the same toy or different toys?) How often does he use violence in his games? Sometimes children may be reluctant to play other games or use other toys, if you encounter this kind of situation with your child, encourage him / her to play different games and toys before making a definitive judgment.
7. Areas of interest: At this age, children may be interested in everything, a piece of paper or a cleaning product sold in the market may attract their attention more than many toys sold in toy shops. Notice whether things are.
8. Curious feeling: Curiosity is a natural motive found in every child. With the help of this motive they discover their environment and learn many new things. Early children are expected to be quite curious. You can tell that your child is curious by the fact that there are numerous problems that often overwhelm you.
9.And reactions: Is your child able to react to the events he / she has experienced, or is it only the audience that does not react and remains? For example, is he happy when he sees a person he loves?
10. Response to authority: In the preschool period, children often accept the authority of an adult and do not object to what he says.
11.Does he enjoy life ?: Does your child love the life he lives in or does he constantly complain about his experiences? To understand this criterion, pay attention to how your child applies the things each child generally likes to do. For example, every child enjoys playing, having a picnic, having fun in the entertainment centers.
Let's not forget; even in children with normal mental and physical development, there are occasional fluctuations in the application of these criteria. Therefore, when making your observations, observe the observation periods determined by the experts according to the age of the child. 3 weeks for 3 years, 4 weeks for 4 years, 5 and 7 weeks for 5 and 6 years.
Contact Idil directly