Shoes should not be large or small on the child's feet! Pressing the end of the shoe with your thumb, you can tell whether your child is sitting on the foot. Quit shopping in the afternoon in the afternoon, check out standing and socks.
Allow newborns and infants to step on the ground. If the weather is cold, booties or socks are enough. Don't rush into the 'first shoes' without age two! Get your first shoe as a regular shoe instead of rubber sports.
Randomly purchased shoes may adversely affect the child's foot health and development. Emphasizing that the selection of children's shoes contains more detail than is believed Medical Park Bahçelievler Hospital Orthopedics and Traumatology Specialist Op. Dr. Example: Ahmet Doğanexplained the tricks of buying children's shoes:
LEAVE BARE WITH BARE FOOT: The majority of children start walking when they are twelve months old. However, those who have walked before and after this period are also considerable. This development puts parents in a hurry to buy their first shoes for their children. However, children should be allowed to walk with bare feet or socks, especially until they are two years old. Thus; normal growth of the feet, healthy muscular development, as well as the development of finger grip capabilities are provided.
SOCKS OR PATHIC ENOUGH: Newborns and infants can be dressed with booties or socks to protect them from cold, even if they do not need shoes. If the family wants to dress shoes when going out, soft and rounded shoes should be preferred.
SHOES WITHOUT AGE 2 NEEDED: Since subcutaneous adipose tissue is more common in children, every child's foot gives a flatfoot impression until the age of two. However, in the early period of the child, especially hard soles shoes; arc prevents the physiological development of the foot arches and facilitates the formation of flatfoot. As children become more active and their feet develop in later ages, the need for shoes becomes evident. The importance of shoes emerges after this stage.
SPORTS NOT NORMALLY SUITABLE: Although the basic criterion for suitable footwear in children is foot compliance, the function of shoe selection should also be considered. Children are active assets and should wear appropriate shoes that do not limit the child's activities. Since the feet of toddlers are in the process of development, semi-flexible soles with rubber or plastic material should be preferred. In the initial stage of walking, it is more appropriate to use regular shoes instead of rubber sneakers.
TIPS OF CHILDREN SHOES SELECTION
DO NOT TAKE THE TRIAL: Do not buy shoes without your child. Instead of relying on your child's foot size, you should choose trial and error to find the right shoe.
TIME WILL NOT OPEN !: For the shoes you buy, you never have the idea of 'opening in time'; your shoes should be comfortable the first time they are taken.
TAKE AFTER: Shop your child's shoes in the afternoon, not in the morning. Because during the day, children have a slight swelling in their feet, just like in adults. That is why shoes should be exchanged in the afternoon.
PRINT ON STAND: Try pressing your child's shoes while standing. The last shoes your child wore should not be used as a reference for new shoes. Because the feet of the child may vary greatly during growth.
TAKE BIG FOOT BASE: In addition, the dimensions of the two legs may differ from each other (usually one of the legs is larger than the other).
CHECK WITH SOCKS: Try the shoes with the shoes that you plan to dress with the shoes you try to try (winter socks in winter, summer socks in summer).
CHOOSE BOOT TYPE: When buying shoes for your child, you should choose the type of boots. If it is thought that the boots will grasp the ankle better, it would be more appropriate to use your preference since the boat.
GET FLEXIBLE BASED: The sole should be semi-soft and flexible, preferably laced (keep the laces short).
1CM SPACE IS ENOUGH: There should be some space (close to 1cm) at the foot, so that the fingers move freely.
SIDE: The width of the comb should be suitable for the foot of the child and not squeeze the foot from the sides.
LIGHT: In addition, the light weight of the shoes allows children to spend less energy while walking.
CHOOSE WITHOUT HEELS: The heel should be low. Toddlers do not need shoes with heels, and shoes without heels will make walking easier. In older children, heel height should not exceed 1.5-2 cm.
SHOULD NOT PRESS: Also, make sure that the heel covering part of the shoe is rigid enough to support the heel and the front part is soft enough to allow the foot to bend comfortably from where it is twisted. The part surrounding the ankle should be soft enough not to interfere with ankle movement.
CHOOSE THE MATERIAL OF SHOES RIGHT
· DO NOT STAY IN NATURAL LEATHER: The ideal skin is natural. The porous structure of the skin allows the foot to breathe. It has the ability to flex and can easily take the most suitable shape for the foot.
· STAY AWAY FROM PLASTIC: Artificial materials such as plastic should be avoided for the upper covering of shoes.
· GET NON-SLIP BASE: The sole of the shoe should be made of a slip-resistant material.
· DO NOT BUY MUSHROOM BASED: Supportive cork insoles which are frequently used in children's shoes should be avoided.
SHOE SHOE CLEANING FOR FOOT HEALTH
· EXTEND CLEAN LIFE: Keeping shoes clean; not only extends the life of the shoe, but also helps your child's foot health.
· DRESS UP IN TWO DAYS: If it is economically possible, the shoes worn on one day should not be worn on the second day and should be allowed to breathe.
· PROTECT THE BASES: The heel and sole parts of the shoe should not be allowed to wear too much. Because this may cause some deformations as a result of pressure disturbance.
· NEVER USED SHOES !: The shoes used by someone else should never be dressed. Most of the time, worn-out shoes from their older siblings are dressed to younger children. However, it should be remembered that each child's foot and press character is unique.