The first six years of life are of great importance in the development of the individual. This period is most effective when your child is introduced to preschool education. Kindergartens and kindergartens are the institutions that offer you this opportunity. If you have decided to send your child to kindergarten, the first questions you may have are:
- Which school should I send my child to?
- What should I pay attention to when choosing a school?
- What criteria are important for my child's development?
Of course, the answers to these questions can vary for each person. Remember, however, that consensus is necessary at some point for the child's development!
The path to be followed when choosing a kindergarten and the points to be considered during the visit confuse parents. Here are some little tips on these topics:
a. Before you start researching your child's school, try to write down your expectations as separate items on a separate sheet of paper (include your child's interests in the list). Then compare your lists and try to create a single list.
b. To study the school, go to school with your partner and, if possible, spend at least half an hour there during working hours. The ideal time is morning. Do not take your child to school on your first visit. Take your list to school and follow your list. The main elements that you should pay attention to during the review are as follows:
• Teacher-student ratio:Pay attention to the amount of students per teacher. For a 2-3 age group, does a teacher have a maximum of 5-7 students and a larger teacher has a maximum of 10-12 students?
• Course content: Does the program support all the child's development (mental, emotional, social, physical)? Is it designed to address children's different interests?
• The path and time the child will spend for arrival and departure: If possible, try to choose schools close to your home, because the child may have to get up too early to go to school, which may cause him to become sleepless and unable to get the sleep necessary for his development.
• The pleasantness of the place and whether it is safe: First of all, make sure that the place is spacious, clean, unobtrusive, with a garden and plenty of sunlight. ? Apart from children's playgrounds in the building, are there separate sections for sleeping and eating?
• How discipline training is provided: Have the rules for the common life of children been established (for example, let's keep the toilet clean) How are these rules implemented by teachers and other staff? How are the procedures (students, parents, teachers, staff) treated?
• What is done in case of health problems: Are portfolios prepared to show children's development? Are there any doctors, nurses or health professionals in the school, or are there doctors in emergency situations? Are monthly food lists prepared by the nutritionist and announced to the families? How much attention is paid to hygiene issues? How is the school's ambulance needs met if necessary?
• Are psychological guidance and counseling services provided: Is there a permanent pedagogue, psychologist or counselor at school?
• Measures taken in case of emergency: Is there a plan to evacuate the building for emergencies such as earthquakes and fire? Are there regular drills?
• The importance given to culture and art activities: Periodically, cinema, theater, museum, exhibition, etc. Are trips organized? Are there teachers for different arts? Is it possible for the child to recognize and apply various arts at school?
c. Once you have identified the school, do not register it until you have taken it to the school. Otherwise, your child may feel that you have enrolled him / her because you no longer love him / her. Visit the school again with your child. Let him walk around the school, ask if he likes school. Watch the students during the game and the lesson. If he doesn't like school, ask why, but don't force him.
At the end of all these steps you decided and found the ideal school to send your child to. But always keep in mind that not everything is going well. It is possible for your child to face various problems at this school. Remember that the problem is not the absence of the problem, but how and how the problem is solved…
Contact Idil directly