Finally, spring knocked on our door! Sunny days are coming. Now the number of days you will visit with your baby will increase. Together you will go to the park, picnic, dinner… Isn't it great? Of course you have the right to visit. But remember that if you want your baby to be comfortable and safe on his journeys by car, do not take your baby out without a car seat. To tell us!
You want your baby to be comfortable and safe on his travels, don't you? There are times when you're worried about him as a parent. Especially if you live in a big city like Istanbul insan You are wondering what to do in traffic that gives danger signals for every moment. And it's not easy to take care of a tiny baby, of course. Let's say your wife is driving the car and you are thinking of protecting your baby by holding it. Don't make a mistake like that. Statistics show that this method is not secure at all. During sudden braking, your baby may hit the car window or the glove box. In that case, it is absolutely necessary to use specially designed car safety seats for the safety of babies. In developed countries, this rule is mandatory for all children under 10 years of age. You ask why? Unsecured children are 7 times more at risk of death than those taken.
Tips on choosing the right seat
First of all, which seat in the best way to fit your car, does not play and is definitely worth trying to try. This is a dimension. However, there is another important dimension to the business. When buying an automobile safety seat, you should consider factors such as the child's age, height and weight. European experts have identified four age and weight groups for child restraint systems.
- The first category called group 0 includes children up to 9 months and up to 10 kilos. These babies, who are in the age of breastfeeding, should be transported completely or in a 50 percent supine position.
- The second category, Group 1, covers children aged 9 months to 4 years and weighing between 9 and 18 kg. If there is sitting support, there is no harm in sitting upright in this category of children.
- The next group, group 2, is comprised of children aged 3 to 5 years, weighing between 15 and 25 kg. It is imperative that children in this category do not use the seat belt that belongs to adults.
- The last category includes children between 22 and 36 pounds and 6 to 12 years. It is recommended for these children to use seat types called risers.
Why do I need a car seat?
Let's say you don't prefer to use a baby safety seat. Do you know what could happen?
Since the bone structure of newborns is weak, they cannot sit upright. In addition, the head of a child constitutes 1/3 of his body weight, while this ratio decreases to 1/14 in adults. What does this show us? If young children sit in the direction of driving, the car receives a frontal impact; The nape of the neck and the spinal cord are burdened. Babies are exposed to serious injuries as their bone and muscle structures are not sufficiently developed. For this reason, the car seat must be installed in the passenger seat opposite to the driving direction. In the meantime, it is important to remind an important point. Never install the safety seat here if your car has an air bag on the passenger seat side. Serious injuries are caused by the deployment of the airbag in the event of an accident. Therefore, if you have an air bag in your car, place the baby seat on the right or left side of the rear seat.
I'm not driving the car very fast, so if you say enough to carry my baby in my arms, let's just say you're wrong once again. You ask why? Quality control agencies in Europe conduct crash tests with specially developed mannequins called verilen dammy ”.. As a result of these tests 48 km. found in a vehicle going quickly, 7 kg. weighing a baby from the window at the same speed during the frontal collision is seen. Likewise, in the tests; an infant traveling on an adult's lap is found to remain in the adult's lap at a pressure of 2.5 tonnes when subjected to a collision in a car traveling at a speed of 48 km. This is equivalent to falling from the third floor of a building! It's your final decision.
Do not skip these points when buying and using a car seat
• Be sure to check that the baby shoulder seat belt is available on portable models from 0 to 12 years.
• Do not attach to the vehicle with a fixed seat belt and do not use only the products that are attached.
• Safety is your only criterion when buying a car seat for your child. The one who will save his life; Please note that the seat is not the pattern or color, but the advanced safety technology.
• Keep in mind that models from 0 to 12 months will be reversed with the vehicle's own seat belt.
• Never install a car safety seat on seats with airbags.
• Make sure the car seat fabric is non-sweaty and washable.
• Try not to use products that do not have European quality and standard certification.
• Remember which child car seat you use depends on your child's scale.
• Check that the seat is suitable for your car and other cars to be used.
• Read and retain the user manual carefully.
• Check that the seat is correctly connected each time you travel. The seat must be securely fastened without unnecessary space.
• Make sure that your child is fastened with his / her seat belt during each journey and fastened by other passengers.
• Only remove the child seat when the vehicle is stationary.
• Never use a child seat that has had an accident; Do not use a seat with worn or torn belts.