Rectal (body) measured body temperature of 38 C (100.4 F) and under the armpit body temperature measured above 37.2 C is defined as fever.Rectal fever measurement is sufficient to keep the temperature for 1 minute while the armpit should not be less than 5 minutes. Digital thermometers can also be used under the seat.
High fever in children infections, dehydration, excessive dressing, high ambient temperature and increased humidity. Teething can also cause a fever that is not too high.Fever for a long time (hours) 41.7 C (107 F) it does not cause brain damage unless left on it. Fever due to infection does not increase continuously. 41.2 C (106 F) over
Transfers caused by fever (convulsions) are frightening for families. Convulsion, which is the name given to sudden seizures caused by changes in behavior, consciousness, sensation or autonomic functions, is usually not epileptic.Rectal temperature reflects body temperature when measured correctly; mouth and armpit temperatures are usually from rectal temperature, respectively. 0.6 C (1.1 F) and 1.1 (2 F) lower.
The blood to the eardrum is at the same temperature as the preoptic area of the hypothalamus, the central body regulating body temperature. For this reason, fever measurement can also be made from the eardrum with specially developed instruments.
//www.e- / baby-thermometer-c4239 /
Precautions to be taken in case of fever
- The temperature of the baby's environment should be around 20 ° C.
- Clothes should be taken off the child.
- The hands and feet can become very cold when the fever rises rapidly or is too high; it is a defense mechanism of the body.
Small vessels in non-vital organs to pump more blood to vital organs such as the brain, kidney vasoconstriction (vasoconstriction) This occurs because it occurs. The hands and feet to cool, the child begins to shake the family may try to cover the child by perceiving the chills. This can have dangerous consequences.
- Because the body needs more fluids in high fever, the child or baby should be given plenty of fluids. Liquid to be delivered too hot or too cold should not be.
- Taking a bath with warm water (29-32 C) is a good antipyretic method. Meanwhile, the child 1-2 minutes under the shower should be kept for 1-2 minutes without covering the water outside, then shower again should be taken. Thus, it is more effective because evaporation is provided.
It may not be necessary to use antipyretic drugs in playful or comfortable children with fever.
Infants younger than 90 days of age should be referred to a doctor because fever may be a serious sign of infection.
Errors Made or Possible in Fever Infants
- Wipe the body with alcohol or vinegar
- Do not take off your clothes with the fear of cold
- Using the wrong igniter
- Overdose or underdose
- Not to use an igniter at appropriate intervals
- Not to use appropriate medicine
Conditions to be taken to see a doctor in case of fever
- Baby Be under 90 days
- the Fire Above 40 C
- Crying, moaning, restlessness
- If purple rashes appear on the skin
- Difficult breathing has begun
- If he's already transferred
- If the general condition deteriorates
- If there is stiffness in the neck
- If vomiting persists
- If you have severe diarrhea
// www. / Baby fever-in-the-know about you-haves /