Fruit comes among unpopular foods for children. Especially recently mentioned in the media frequently, the vitamins and antioxidants they contain due to the health of children who can not consume enough of the disease more often sick, the winter season becomes a season full of diseases. However, there is no way to cover fruit consumption. Dietitian Pınar Akkuzu shares the tricks of making children love fruit.
It's worth reminding. Taste is a property that an individual has afterwards. The diversity of cuisines around the world can be cited as proof of this. If we had the same taste, we would not be able to talk about different tastes such as Turkish cuisine or French cuisine. Thus, habits and culture affect each individual differently. Your child develops his or her dietary habits through the habits and flavors you infuse. In other words, magic is able to present to her every taste. This also applies to fruits.
• WHY ARE THE FRUITS NOT REQUIRED?
The answers are actually clear. Fruits are foods that cannot take place at the table. Think about the table you offer your child in particular. Most of the time we don't put fruit on the dining table. Or rather, we don't care. Because we don't believe it should be included in the main courses.
In addition, fruits are often seen as burdens. Peeling or putting on a plate is sometimes something we're worried about. Thus, we reflect our unwillingness to consume fruit to our children.
The first rule of struggle with this is not to give up offering fruit to your child during the main and intermediate meals. Because when you get the fruit habit of your child, after a certain time you will start to consume fruit without offering.
However, if your child still has problems with the taste of the fruit, I can suggest a few interesting methods. E.g;
• We can play the way fruits are presented. We can prepare fruit canapes by dividing the fruit into small pieces and passing a toothpick to each piece. This method can be easily applied to fruits such as bananas and kiwis.
• We can choose grating as a different method for apples. Even throwing a piece of cinnamon on it can provide a taste difference.
• Some fruits may be interesting due to their own structure. For example, a pomegranate grained in a bowl and served with a sweet spoon may become a self-appealing fruit.
• Orange and tangerine, which become attractive by peeling each slice, are also among the fruits that become attractive in nature. (but continue this process until you like the taste of these fruits because orange and tangerine slices are eaten as they are, of course, more wounded.)
These are just a few practical methods. After that, it's up to you. The important thing is to make sure that the fruit tastes the flavors of the fruit in several ways. Because nutrition is a habit. Loving food and placing it in our lives starts by bringing them into our lives a few times