What is mental development? According to many experts, the scientific answer to the question is defined as the development of thought and regulation systems in the brain. language development, memory, reasoning, problem solving, thinking, imagination and creativity. If you want your child to have a healthy mental development, you should support the development of all of these systems. Any problems that may occur in these systems can also affect other systems. Prof. Dr. Zeynep Kızıltepe, one of the faculty members of Boğaziçi University Faculty of Education.What we need to pay attention to this issue in the light of the views we have listed for you
The most important characteristics of a child attending kindergarten are asking questions and playing games. These two basic features are of great importance in the mental development of the child.
Importance of the Game
The game is the most important occupation of the child in the preschool period. Children find an environment where they can socialize and express their feelings through play. According to experts, the more important “work için is for an adult, the more“ play “for the child.
Children often play alone at an early age, then they start watching other children around them and try to mimic their games. The concept of rule, which is an important part of the game, develops with age. While playing, children have the opportunity to learn and practice many things about daily life. For example, sharing, finding common solutions and helping in difficult situations; important social features that the game teaches children.
While children are playing, feel free to participate in their games. You will have the opportunity to observe and understand them more closely while playing games together. They will like you as much as you like. While playing games with them, you can take every opportunity to teach something. Ask questions about the game and try to answer their questions with logical answers. During the game, create opportunities to teach various social relationships (eg create a sequence of situations to teach the phenomenon of queuing; watering the flowers is your duty, tomorrow your brother waters, the next day I water.
What can you do?
• While talking to children, make sure that you have various concepts in your conversations. (down, up, full, empty…)
• Create activities that can use your dreams.
• Do experiments together (you can refer to Tübitak books)
• Repeat an easy nursery rhyme or poem with your child on a daily basis.
• Talk to him about the new day each morning, let him talk to you about what he has planned for that day.
• Read books to your child every day and then discuss what you read.
• Ask your child about his / her opinion on various topics (what do you suggest I cook today?)
• Count the number with him. Ask questions about numbers at every opportunity (how many gum do you have?)
• Paint together and talk about what you've done.
• Listen to music together and ask her how she feels while listening to music.
• Do daily tasks together. This way you will teach your child both to take responsibility and to help.
• Get easy puzzles or brain teasers and show him how to play with them.
• Give her the mixed objects and ask them to separate them.
• Talk about which food you will cook, then shop with her, prepare a recipe list of shapes for your child before cooking (eg draw a spoon and sugar shape and write the number 2 next to it, 2 spoons for what you will cook) tell the sugar should be placed)
• Help him play with Lego or blocks, because these toys help children learn the concept of location.
• Buy them various games to improve their ability to compare (various card games, bingo, etc.)
These points are all activities that will positively affect your child's mental development. Assistant professor. Dr. Kiziltepe emphasizes this and recommends that you give him various positive reinforcements such as “well done”, dün well thought ”,“ great idea ”,“ what good ideas you have erken when you are with the child.
Contact Idil directly